Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my wife and I leased a high altitude 4xe it now has 1200 miles on it. We also have a Seadoo which we launch local boat ramps, the other day the check engine and charging system light came on and we brought it to the local dealer. So far they have been great, the harness and charging system needs to be replaced cost will be over $14000. They removed the connectors from the rear charging unit and water poured out of the unit and the connectors are already corroded. It was fresh water and the rear of the vehicle was in approximately 15-16 inches of water so just over halfway up the rear tire and 4-6 inches in the front, my wife even took a picture. Waiting to hear back from Chrysler but everything needs to be replaced. It was in the water for less than 3 minutes, long enough for the seadoo to float off and my wife to snap a picture, I would have never imaged this being an issue.

Water Sky Tire Cloud Car

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wow, that’s really weird. Following along to hear what happens.
I had a 95 Wrangler and had a Yamaha Waverunner for years. I regularly loaded and unloaded like this and never had any issues.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello everyone my wife and I leased a high altitude 4xe it now has 1200 miles on it. We also have a Seadoo which we launch local boat ramps, the other day the check engine and charging system light came on and we brought it to the local dealer. So far they have been great, the harness and charging system needs to be replaced cost will be over $14000. They removed the connectors from the rear charging unit and water poured out of the unit and the connectors are already corroded. It was fresh water and the rear of the vehicle was in approximately 15-16 inches of water so just over halfway up the rear tire and 4-6 inches in the front, my wife even took a picture. Waiting to hear back from Chrysler but everything needs to be replaced. It was in the water for less than 3 minutes, long enough for the seadoo to float off and my wife to snap a picture, I would have never imaged this being an issue.

View attachment 883
So sorry to hear this! If you need any assistance while at the dealer or would like to discuss further, send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Shakes

·
Registered
68 Posts

View attachment 883
So sorry to hear that ecp, so much for “fully sealed and waterproof system”, when you say rear charging unit do you mean the IDCM? The connection at the battery?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Horrible !! How we would know this is one time issue or defective design. We don’t take our 4Xe daily on water. My mustang will go on deeper water than what shown in the pic without issue. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing. This will help the community in case they blame us. Future for going deeper than 30 inch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So sorry to hear that ecp, so much for “fully sealed and waterproof system”, when you say rear charging unit do you mean the IDCM? The connection at the battery?
I believe they said th IDCM, it is the unit in the picture with all the plugs running to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed! It doesn’t even look like the plugs would have been submerged based upon your pic. How would one go about even checking these plugs for corrosion?.
I went to the shop and the technician let me look at the plugs and you could see white corrosion on the inside of the plug. The unit sits very low I would say the bottom plugs are not higher than the bottom of the frame, but they should be sealed according to the technician.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Truly i think there was not a water problem , the dealer mechs just dissembled (purge) the cooling system and ....tadaaa..WATER. or what ever. but no water damage from the boat ramp. if there was water in the system then you drive nowhere.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Truly i think there was not a water problem , the dealer mechs just dissembled (purge) the cooling system and ....tadaaa..WATER. or what ever. but no water damage from the boat ramp. if there was water in the system then you drive nowhere.
Why do you believe that ? The guy said fresh water not coolant water. We all love Jeep but we all don’t trust Jeep 🤣🤣 it is like dating a hocker 😜

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a potential customer coming from a Jeep Sport 2.8 Diesel. I could never justify 14k on repairs on a car. My highest bill has been €3k on a 11 year old car. How much of this damage would have been covered out of warranty? This a huge concern.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts