Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning went to clean and detail her.
When I listed up the mats the carpet/ floor board was soaked. - drivers side ,
Passenger side a little moist but nothing compared to how soaked the drivers side is
Not sure how this happened. We did have a few downpours this week but there is no leaks from my hardtop anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Had this in my Jk, water was leaking at the A-frame down the door seam to the floor. I ultimately just went with Armorlite flooring as it would whisk the water out the drains. Looks great too!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would do a little troubleshooting myself as dealers probably won’t spend much time on it,would go through car wash with flashlight watching for leaks or sit in vehicle with flashlight and have someone spray with garden hose.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This morning went to clean and detail her.
When I listed up the mats the carpet/ floor board was soaked. - drivers side ,
Passenger side a little moist but nothing compared to how soaked the drivers side is
Not sure how this happened. We did have a few downpours this week but there is no leaks from my hardtop anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Sorry for my late reply here, Bertos-4xE. Are you still experiencing concerns? If so, send us a private message and we can assist you further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Bertos-4xE

·
Registered
209 Posts
Did you have your tops fully secured? If that isn't suspect, then I'd look at the rubber "mucket" seals where the removable tops settle-in at the top of the driver door in the B-pillar. Follow the door seal all the way down the door jam on the inside and see if you find any wetness where water may have trickled down to eventually settle in your front floor. You may have to get the hose out and soak it good and have a helper inside use a flashlight to sight the intruding water.

What I found in my JK was a poorly molded "mucket" seal at the B-pillar created a very slight seam gap at the place where the door and front top section fit. When it rained, the water traveled down the B-pillar and edge of the door seal, under the plastic interior molding, leaving me with wet carpet. I kept focusing on the tops and only by chance during a rain did I see the small trickle at that corner. Got a new seal (warranty) from the dealer and instantly fixed.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Sometimes water doesn't enter from above, but from the upper edge seals, too, so check all angles. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.