Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve heard nightmare stories of people waiting up to 8 Months for theirs up here in Canada.

With no help from Jeep Chat due to international privacy laws (which sounds made up tbh)

I’ve ordered mine on 5/29
I have No Vin no information or anything yet being exactly 8 weeks today. My dealer is always updating me even though nothing changes we’re still in BX.

I want to hear from the Canadians here what your experience and timeframe was like I know different times during the year are different the situation now is not the same as it was in March.

I just see a lot of people getting their vin after like 2 weeks and some have even ordered and received theirs a month after I ordered mine 🤷🏼‍♂️ I didn’t order anything special, it’s a fully optioned Rubicon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my Sahara 4xe July 8, but the vehicle already had a VIN because it had been allotted to my London, Ontario dealership. I was told 8-10 weeks for delivery.
Best,
jc

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
114 Posts
In early May, a dealership here in YVR stated 6 months for a custom order and another said 4-5, he didn’t think it’d necessarily be 6 months. In the end, I got what I wanted from a dealership outside of the lower mainland about 400 km away in the not as yet burning part of interior BC (found from browsing jeep.ca online shopping). Purchased their “in transit” vehicle over phone and emails. Took a couple more weeks for delivery after they got it in from all the paperwork (took some back and forth to guide them through the right direction for the application of the provincial EV rebate) to them booking a shipper that drops off multiple vehicles on route. Arrived a little dusty with only 15 km on the meter, full tank of gas, about 65% charge and no dealership decals as requested. They were also the first dealership willing to give the Chrysler Advantage (affiliate) Plan pricing without going the custom order route or to push for a trade-in of my 2012 JKU so that they can increase their profit on resale while on paper going with the Advantage Plan pricing (invoice plus $25) like a Vancouver dealership had wanted.

Happy owner of both vehicles now. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Same boat, My order 1 jun 4xe no VIN yet.dealer told me 4-6 month. Before this I have ordered regular Sahara in Feb and decided to cancel just before my 4xe order due to no Vin and can get better deal with 4xe. Montréal here. Very frustrated specially usa getting vin in couple days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same boat, My order 1 jun 4xe no VIN yet.dealer told me 4-6 month. Before this I have ordered regular Sahara in Feb and decided to cancel just before my 4xe order due to no Vin and can get better deal with 4xe. Montréal here. Very frustrated specially usa getting vin in couple days.
Hey Man I feel you there I’m also from Montreal, it’s such a bummer they get the vin in a couple of days and their truck in a few weeks, we have to wait months :( they try to tell us it’s due to a chip shortage. Yeah no way. Hang in there my friend On va y’arriver ensemble we have like 3 days different on our order time so it should be about the same I shall update you when I have some more information

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey Man I feel you there I’m also from Montreal, it’s such a bummer they get the vin in a couple of days and their truck in a few weeks, we have to wait months :( they try to tell us it’s due to a chip shortage. Yeah no way. Hang in there my friend On va y’arriver ensemble we have like 3 days different on our order time so it should be about the same I shall update you when I have some more information
Listen mate, we are Montrealers after all, we wait for everything 😂 especially when visiting ER so we can survive this delay and are used to bumpy roads🤣🤣😂 . I am up north, I live in Mirabel. What about you?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Listen mate, we are Montrealers after all, we wait for everything 😂 especially when visiting ER so we can survive this delay and are used to bumpy roads🤣🤣😂 . I am up north, I live in Mirabel. What about you?
I’m in Terrebonne 🤔 So not too far from each other you ordered a Sahara 4xE? Any nice off road trails in Mirabel I’m gonna need to test my Rubicon once I get it.

·
Registered
JLURe 2021 sting gray
12 Posts
Hey, I am from Saint-Hyacinthe so not that far from MTL. I have ordered mine Mid February and received it on April 30. Can't be happier with this purchase!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’m in Terrebonne 🤔 So not too far from each other you ordered a Sahara 4xE? Any nice off road trails in Mirabel I’m gonna need to test my Rubicon once I get it.
Yup Sahara 4xe., Let’s do this, ping me when you get your Jeep and hopefully by then I get mine. I know fabulous trails bit up north i would say moderate but super nice, we can do some wheeling together, if you like? Any trails in Terrebonne ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup Sahara 4xe., Let’s do this, ping me when you get your Jeep and hopefully by then I get mine. I know fabulous trails bit up north i would say moderate but super nice, we can do some wheeling together, if you like? Any trails in Terrebonne ?
I’m sure I can find some trails in the Laplaine area but probably not as much as Mirabel! Yeah let’s do it! I’m down :) we shouldn’t be too spaced
Apart maybe a week or 2 depending on stuff

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, I am from Saint-Hyacinthe so not that far from MTL. I have ordered mine Mid February and received it on April 30. Can't be happier with this purchase!
Was it a custom order or was it one they already had on the way?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think any new orders from july onwards will be delivered next year :/ I think they announced a month ago that production was accounted for for the rest of the year or something.

I think there is a yellow one in tedford mines that the dealer is hording for test drives. Maybe one can convince them to sell it lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think any new orders from july onwards will be delivered next year :/ I think they announced a month ago that production was accounted for for the rest of the year or something.

I think there is a yellow one in tedford mines that the dealer is hording for test drives. Maybe one can convince them to sell it lol.
Yellow 4xe ? No yellow 4xe are sold in Canada. Perhaps it is normal wrangler.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yup, yellow 4xe rubicon, they are keeping it to let folks test drive to see if they want one.
You are right sir! I assumed Sahara(no yellow for 4xe) I am crying now 😂. My all time favourite color followed by blue metallic. Both are not a available for sahara 4xe ended up getting granite metallic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If tou look on kijiji it looks like they have some in calgary, yellow 4xe saharas

·
Registered
13 Posts
You are right sir! I assumed Sahara(no yellow for 4xe) I am crying now 😂. My all time favourite color followed by blue metallic. Both are not a available for sahara 4xe ended up getting granite metallic.
Man I feel bad now If they told you no yellow and I found you one 🥲

·
Registered
2 Posts
If tou look on kijiji it looks like they have some in calgary, yellow 4xe saharas

Picture show yellow, but the description is a white

1 - 20 of 33 Posts