Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4XE
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what other people are getting using it as a daily driver.

I just switched jobs to a shorter commute (20 miles one way) and can get to work with about 15% charge left. Current Average MPG for me is 26.2. Playing the game to break 30! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hover between 27-30mpg lifetime. I commute across a large geography for work so once the glorious all-electric has been depleted each day, MPG starts to come back down. I try to plan out destinations that have charging stations but that only works out every so often.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Commute is 24 miles/each way but I can charge at work so almost all electric only during the week - weekends have killed it somewhat (that an my repeated use of all the power in 0-60 test runs...). But tracking real costs including charging I am hitting 40mpg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am supposed to be getting delivery this week and will let you know. My commute is 29 miles, all but less than a mile on either side on the interstate. Getting a Level 2 charger installed in my garage (if the electrician will ever come).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I’ve been interested in this topic and wondering what the mpg of the gas engine is. When I last filled up I had 459.3 miles electric, and 238 gas. The screen said my mpg was 33.4. But I put in 13.045 gallons. 238/13.045 = 18.2 mpg. I’m thinking there are some gas miles I’m missing. Either way I’m filling up less and I absolutely love driving this vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve been interested in this topic and wondering what the mpg of the gas engine is. When I last filled up I had 459.3 miles electric, and 238 gas. The screen said my mpg was 33.4. But I put in 13.045 gallons. 238/13.045 = 18.2 mpg. I’m thinking there are some gas miles I’m missing. Either way I’m filling up less and I absolutely love driving this vehicle.
I am thinking the dash is giving us MPGe based on the EPA type calculations - mine is staying in the 38MPG range and I know my gas only MPG is similar to your around 18/19. Only have filled up once in 45 days so either way I am enjoying it and appreciate the power it has.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious what other people are getting using it as a daily driver.

I just switched jobs to a shorter commute (20 miles one way) and can get to work with about 15% charge left. Current Average MPG for me is 26.2. Playing the game to break 30! :)
is this when the battery is fully charge? I haven't be able to fully charge mine the building owner don't let me.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4XE Sahara
43 Posts
Currently at 29.2. We have been entertaining quite a bit this summer though, with trips to Orlando and at least a weekly trip to a beach 45 minutes from here. That eats into battery usage a lot. But I love the quick hops to the grocery store on all battery, etc. Really need to get 240V installed so we can use a Level II charger...

·
Registered
12 Posts
My drive is 20 miles daily, so all electric unless I push the gas pedal......so far I have 710 miles since the last gas refill.....510 miles on electric and remaining on gas still have 95 miles range on gas left. I guess I can pull 1000 miles on a tank with regular charging. Guess it all depends on your commute.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4XE
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am supposed to be getting delivery this week and will let you know. My commute is 29 miles, all but less than a mile on either side on the interstate. Getting a Level 2 charger installed in my garage (if the electrician will ever come).
installed the L2 charger in our garage. Wasn’t too hard to do. Just needed to make sure I had all the right stuff to do it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I’m at 47 according to the dash but much higher in reality. I have driven 1169 miles with 994 being electric and 175 gas on 1/2 a tank of gas or approximately 8.6 gallons. I know mpg is skewed because it doesn’t account for kWh added but I don’t get the math used by the vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m at 47 according to the dash but much higher in reality. I have driven 1169 miles with 994 being electric and 175 gas on 1/2 a tank of gas or approximately 8.6 gallons. I know mpg is skewed because it doesn’t account for kWh added but I don’t get the math used by the vehicle.
So the formula considers 33.7 kWh of electricity to be equal to one gallon of gasoline. For you to be at roughly 47 MPGe, then it is estimating that you have used 24.87 equivalent gallons of gas. Since you've used 8.6 actual gallons, then it has you clocked at using 16.27 gallons equivalent of gasoline for the electric miles, or 61.1 miles per "gallon" in electric mode.

I think that's roughly how it works, anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
33 mile commute each way. Charge at home and work level 1. I have over 365 miles on the odometer and about two thirds of a tank left from the dealer filling it at purchase.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts