Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just ordered my 4XE last week and dealers here in SOCAL wanted $10,000 over MSRP to buy one on the lot (which hardly exist) and $10,000 over to order one. I was able to find one dealer that would allow me to order at MSRP which was $58,620. I see others here buying for up to $6,000 off but believe those are from other states.

Anybody here buy/order a 4XE from California? Did you get any discount at all? Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Oregon, about 3 hours from Cali, I ordered 10% under msrp, that is with the affiliative discount, and 1k off the dealer end of things. I had to email every dealer in the area to get that deal though. It is getting built now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am getting invoice + $400, which in my case for a loaded Rubicon 4XE is coming in at 4.3% below MSRP. Ordered on 6/17 and awaiting build/delivery.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Better deal then I got, so that’s good. We ordered ours and got the first Rubicon here in Cali. Mama could wait.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Crazy part is we had a small charging problem which was handled by the dealership and FCA took them longer then expected. So far we filled the Jeep up on May 25th and we are still on that same tank of gas. My wife’s work commute is 18 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just ordered my 4XE last week and dealers here in SOCAL wanted $10,000 over MSRP to buy one on the lot (which hardly exist) and $10,000 over to order one. I was able to find one dealer that would allow me to order at MSRP which was $58,620. I see others here buying for up to $6,000 off but believe those are from other states.

Anybody here buy/order a 4XE from California? Did you get any discount at all? Thank you everyone!
Leased white Sahara 4xe in NorCal 3 weeks ago. 36 month 10k miles per year, lease $450 with 4K down. Sale price 57k , residual 37k.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in San Diego, a few dealers here would offer the Affiliate program pricing which is -1% from invoice, or roughly -5% from MSRP. You can join the program through Home with just $50. I'm still considering, haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Dealer in Escondido, CA was charging $10k over MSRP, but had about 7 of them on the lot. I left and called back the next day, they said "come back in and we can negotiate that." I said "Call me when its gone." I found a San Diego dealer selling at MSRP and made it there in 20 minutes to scoop up the last one. Love it, and hoping it doesn't break down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just signed the papers on a metallic grey sahara 4xe. MSRP was ~55k I believe. After the tax incentive, we got to 4k down, and ~489/month. This is for 36 months and 10k miles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Dealer in Escondido, CA was charging $10k over MSRP, but had about 7 of them on the lot. I left and called back the next day, they said "come back in and we can negotiate that." I said "Call me when its gone." I found a San Diego dealer selling at MSRP and made it there in 20 minutes to scoop up the last one. Love it, and hoping it doesn't break down.
Yep, Escondido was trying to gouge me too. I ended up paying MSRP before $9k tax rebates at Carlsbad Jeep. So $49kf for a $58k Jeep is ok for me, wish I got better though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yep, Escondido was trying to gouge me too. I ended up paying MSRP before $9k tax rebates at Carlsbad Jeep. So $49kf for a $58k Jeep is ok for me, wish I got better though.
I know there is the $7500 tax credit from the federal govt, do you get another $1500 from State tax credits in CA?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I live in San Diego, a few dealers here would offer the Affiliate program pricing which is -1% from invoice, or roughly -5% from MSRP. You can join the program through Home with just $50. I'm still considering, haven't pulled the trigger yet.
This is huge!! Do all dealers honor this or only "participating"? I already ordered my Jeep and wonder if I joined they would give me it off? I got from Carlsbad Jeep. Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is huge!! Do all dealers honor this or only "participating"? I already ordered my Jeep and wonder if I joined they would give me it off? I got from Carlsbad Jeep. Thank you.
If you've already signed the paper, they have no incentive to work with you on the pricing again. If you cancel the order, you lose your $1000 deposit. Last month Carlsbad was willing to give me the affiliate pricing, but today when I asked again, they changed their mind. I didn't insist since there're other choices.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you've already signed the paper, they have no incentive to work with you on the pricing again. If you cancel the order, you lose your $1000 deposit. Last month Carlsbad was willing to give me the affiliate pricing, but today when I asked again, they changed their mind. I didn't insist since there're other choices.
I found that Tuttle-Click in Irvine will honor the Affiliate program. So I'm going to try to cancel and if they don't give me my $1k back, I will dispute the charge on my credit card.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts