Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share what you like or dislike about the Jeep Wrangler 4xe so far.

To start, I like the 25 miles of all-electric range but dislike pricing a bit. The Wrangler 4xe Rubicon is the most expensive Wrangler yet, but it comes within $2,000 of its gas sibling after the $7,500 federal EV tax credit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Share what you like or dislike about the Jeep Wrangler 4xe so far.

To start, I like the 25 miles of all-electric range but dislike pricing a bit. The Wrangler 4xe Rubicon is the most expensive Wrangler yet, but it comes within $2,000 of its gas sibling after the $7,500 federal EV tax credit.
From everything I've done the math on, a comparably equipped 4XE is about $2500 more than a gas model. So all in all, with the $7500 federal credit, it comes out a lot cheaper.

But yeah, I wish they could have gotten up closer to 50 miles of EV range for sure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From everything I've done the math on, a comparably equipped 4XE is about $2500 more than a gas model. So all in all, with the $7500 federal credit, it comes out a lot cheaper.

But yeah, I wish they could have gotten up closer to 50 miles of EV range for sure.
At 25 miles of EV range, how limiting will it be for you? Do you at least have a decent amount of public chargers nearby to use? After factoring in that and others, 25 is enough for me and I could possibly get by with just a home charger!

·
Registered
61 Posts
At 25 miles of EV range, how limiting will it be for you? Do you at least have a decent amount of public chargers nearby to use? After factoring in that and others, 25 is enough for me and I could possibly get by with just a home charger!
It will be fine for me for daily use. I have a charger in my garage and one in my Mom's garage. The area of town I live in doesn't have any but there are in other parts. I've been driving an EV for almost 5 years that has about 60 miles of range. I've been able to make it work. I'm guessing that almost all of my daily driving will be electric. I only have an 8 mile drive to work.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Design-wise I really like the blue accents Jeep went with for the 4xe emblem. I'm glad they didn't have to change much of the Wrangler's look or capability to accommodate the battery and hybrid powertrain.

I'd like them to have a 2-door version but I don't know how feasible that is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts