Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not sure if it’s recommended or not though, it just seems practical and probably using a negligible amount of gas just to warm up…
basically you heat it up, but you don't finish, and you never planned to :) That is bad behavior on many levels. You know you will get on the highway and do a long trip using the engine, fine. Otherwise is bad :) .
So when a petrol engine warms up, some fuel will pass in the oil. This is normal and fine. Once the engine is up to temperature, this will stop, and the existing fuel in the oil will evaporate as you go, gets separated from the oil, all will be fine. If you just warm it up but you don't follow trough and run the engine for a significant amount of time, that fuel will stay there. And then you do it again and again until the oil becomes so contaminated that is does not lubricate anymore. And this bad.
On a normal petrol car, not a big issue. Eventually for sure the engine will run long enough, you have to, if you want to move. In a plug in hybrid, you do this a few times( warm the engine up with no or little use after ) ,and go electric only.. - problem..
Luckily the engine management monitors this kind of bad behavior and catastrophic failures will be prevented.. but there will be some trouble.. see the FORM error..

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
4) on that note steering is terrible as well. I drive over two long, high bridges daily and it’s a white knuckle experience every time. Any gust of wind feels like flying a Cessna in a hurricane. Zero steering feedback. What exactly is the benefit of recirculating ball steering again?
Have you driven one yet? The 4xe feels like a sports car compared to other Wranglers.

I've driven other JLs since and they just feel so different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1. Seats....seats are terrible, lumbar is useless and about 2" too low.

2. 97mph speed limiter....

3. Steering is fine, what do you expect out of recirculating ball steering?

The only thing I would want and I've tried to think of how it could be done is a quick release for the door hinges....usually we only put the bottom bolt back in but a quick release would be nice. It does not seem like the bolt is part of the mechanism itself, meaning the pin fits snug and the bolt is there just to hold it in place.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Newbie dislikes after 1st week (disclaimer: this is my first wrangler, I did limited research, don't have brand loyalty/cult tendencies, I realize it's a utility vehicle that slowly gets common luxuries, etc etc.)
  • no auto wipers. Kinda disappointing at ~$60k price point.
  • comfort access only in front doors. Again, acceptable at $30k, but not at 60...
  • no lock for charger plug? I'm yet to RTFM, but it seems anyone can unplug the charger any time.
  • can't set electric mode as default? Again, haven't RTFM, but couldn't find it in uconnect menu.

The above absolutely doesn't mean I dislike 4xe, just few things you notice immediately comparing to other cars.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts