Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I’ve been doing 87. I know, I know, people say anything with a turbo should use the good stuff but both the regular manual and the hybrid supplemental manual say 87.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For those people running mostly electric, I have to imagine that anything that can avoid ethanol in your gas will significantly help avoid water in your gas.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Does anyone know if the difference in fuel economy is worth the difference in cost?
There is no possible way it could be worth it. The 91 octane is almost $1 more per gallon. The way my Jeep doesn’t use gas is the reason I want 91 sitting in the tank. I really like Sea Foam additive for ethanol in fuel and preventing water in the gas.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
3 Posts
For those people running mostly electric, I have to imagine that anything that can avoid ethanol in your gas will significantly help avoid water in your gas.
Unless I have no choice, I will exclusively use non-ethanol. Primarily due to the fact that I'm not using fuel that often.

·
Registered
381 Posts
87 regular , but euro turbos like high octane..for the autobahn..no use here in usa. btw..ethanol is high octane but less efficant. and eco and savings is low.

as a chem in train i was at a petrol farm "oil raffinerie" for view days. all the petrol trucks got the same stuff filled up , the truck drivers just added the brand additives, red, blue, green, yellow...lol. thats it.
well why not belive in magic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Then it might be worth a tank when we're in town and running mostly electric. But it seems regular is fine for the road.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I don't even remember the last time I filled up, lol. So Canada says 91 now? That's the first I've seen anything other than 87 listed. For long road trips I may use 93/94 then as the cost/MPG gains are usually a wash.

As for Ethanol, we have the pressurized tank and the fuel refresh mode if water is detected. I ran ethanol in my Mustang but it was hard to find high content E85. Nothing like the smell of ethanol in the morning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts