Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
592 Posts
Thanks for doing that demonstration. You made me way to anxious though!! You should have done it on a lightly used roadway. Tooo dangerous on the interstate. So many people on the roads today drunk or texting or just not paying attention to actually driving.
Interesting how it handles running out of gas.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for doing that demonstration. You made me way to anxious though!! You should have done it on a lightly used roadway. Tooo dangerous on the interstate. So many people on the roads today drunk or texting or just not paying attention to actually driving.
Interesting how it handles running out of gas.
I didn't do this video but yeah I agree that him doing it on the side of a highway is unnecessarily risky.

·
Registered
82 Posts
For those who want to skip the video - if you run out of gas the 4xe, the ICE engine will not run and you will have a "turtle light" on the dash indicating you are at reduced power with electric drive only - presumably until the hybrid battery is depleted. Good to know that you can run on electric only, even if it is at reduced power.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Since there's some charge "holdback", i.e., when you're at <1% you still get power boost from the battery (at like WOT), I wonder if in an emergency situation, like out of gas, if it will tap into that power as well. It would be cool to know what with a full 100% displayed, you had an additional "emergency only" extra 15% to get to a station.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts