Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our Hydro Blue 4xe several weeks ago and have really enjoyed the purchase. We had noticed that there is a little button over the drivers side speaker (see attached) that looks like it has a little phone on it and when the button is pushed, begins to flash. I am suspecting that this is for bluetooth bonding but am really uncertain. I can bond bluetooth in Uconnect so I am uncertain what this is used for. I have combed over the manual but the explanation is evading me for sure. Hopefully someone out there can either confirm my suspicions or shed light on this mystery.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

So for those of you wondering why I didn't just call our dealer, well, that is whole different story ;)

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon sting grey
66 Posts
That is an accessory alarm product. Commonly sold by dealers to increase their margins.

Look for Karr alarm on your sales contract.

·
Registered
White Ruby
17 Posts
Yep, dealer put same junk on mine.
The adhesive didn’t hold for a week in Texas heat and so now it’s just hanging there. I plan to figure out how to remove it when I have time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not cool dealer add this stuff without telling customers I asked dealer to cancel all extra including useless wheel nuts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, it sucks!

Most of the time it's not installed until you purchase...

When they tell you it's going to detail is when they usually throw that garbage on.

If you are familiar with this practice, when purchasing a new vehicle you can argue it not be included.

I knew a guy who worked for Karr... he made tons of money and confirmed that shit is garbage. He explained it like an insurance product with a hardware component such as what you see blinking.

If your whip is stolen then they cover x amount of money...

Not to be confused with GAP protection.

ALWAYS read your sales contract "long form". The claim "nobody told me" is not a valid argument.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah, it sucks!

When they tell you it's going to detail is when they usually throw that garbage on.

If you are familiar with this practice, when purchasing a new vehicle you can argue it not be included.

I knew a guy who worked for Karr... he made tons of money and confirmed that shit is garbage. He explained it like an insurance product with a hardware component such as what you see blinking.

ALWAYS read your sales contract "long form". The claim "nobody told me" is not a valid argument.
cool info Rocksmith

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it sucks!

Thanks for the info and another lesson learned. The dealer we went to was having issues with their new electronic system and their excuse was they are still getting used to it. I know better next time to have them print out everything or be able to view everything I am signing (which I normally do) but just wanted to get out of the there and good thing I didn't sign away a kidney (or did I?). Thanks again for the info Rocksmith.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No worries!

I HATE the electronic version.

They skim through it so fast and don't pause to explain what each document means.

The good news is you needn't worry about the item.

The bad news is some jerk may have drilled a hole in that panel. If so that tech needs to be kicked in the junk.

Also, now is a good time to check your docs for anything else... look for the "due bill" this will detail any additional items you should either receive or provide...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts