Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1541 - 1560 of 1606 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sadly, mine hasn't gotten off the train yet which means it won't get to the dealer until at least tomorrow. That and with the holiday on Monday, it looks like I won't get mine until Tuesday at the earliest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got an update on Jeep chat that my order had left the factory and was awaiting shipping arrangements. No ETA has been provided yet but will be updated in the coming days.

I ordered a rubicon 4xe with all the bells and whistles on July 22.

So glad that it's almost done!
Ordered mine a week before you did. Dealer says it’ll arrive next week so yours should be soon after I believe. 😊

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just got the email that our Sahara 4XE has arrived on the dealer lot at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. Now just need to submit all the financing paperwork and then schedule a delivery. @mrrap4food, I assume you should have received the same notification, correct?!
I just got the call today! That it's on the lot '
ordered the high altitude , literally got the call told them can they call me back in 3 mins, I was in the bathroom and wasn't able to get them back lol yet on the phone, but either way gives me time to get all my info together, hey waited 4months what's another day or so, how'd your paper work go?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you guys read Bronco6G forum, ran into it last night. Unreal what ford is doing to its customers with reservations, some people won't be getting their bronco for a few years. I'm sure there will be a lot of people switching to ordering a Wrangler or new GC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you guys read Bronco6G forum, ran into it last night. Unreal what ford is doing to its customers with reservations, some people won't be getting their bronco for a few years. I'm sure there will be a lot of people switching to ordering a Wrangler or new GC.
I had ordered a Bronco. Dealer called me and said delivery date would be somewhere in 2023. I cancelled and ordered the Jeep.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had ordered a Bronco. Dealer called me and said delivery date would be somewhere in 2023. I cancelled and ordered the Jeep.
On that thread there are people that don't expect to get it until '24 and '25. It's nuts that Ford went back on their word on filling reservations before dealer allocation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered my Hydro Blue Sahara on 10/3... time to join the waiting game with all of you... any recent experiences from orders placed more recently?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ordered my Hydro Blue Sahara on 10/3... time to join the waiting game with all of you... any recent experiences from orders placed more recently?
Wait, you just ordered a '21 Sahara? Why not wait a few more days and order a '22 Sahara and possibly save some money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wait, you just ordered a '21 Sahara? Why not wait a few more days and order a '22 Sahara and possibly save some money.
Yea, for business tax reasons I need to buy something before years end. And I know they put the 2021s in production before the 22's and just wanted to make sure I got it in time.

May have been the wrong move... but at the end of the day I'm not too concerned about having a 22 over a 21. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea, for business tax reasons I need to buy something before years end. And I know they put the 2021s in production before the 22's and just wanted to make sure I got it in time.

May have been the wrong move... but at the end of the day I'm not too concerned about having a 22 over a 21. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.
ok if it's for business tax, you got to do what save you more taxes. Otherwise, FYI, the '22 Sahara 4xe has the leather seats and proximity keyless entry included in the base model. So if ordered them in your '21 model as options, you could have saved money getting '22 (around $1800 +-).

I don't know your specific tax situation, but the amount of depreciation for the first year is prorated based on the number of days you own the car within the year. So if you own it for one month, you can only depreciate one month. And there're not many days left in this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok if it's for business tax, you got to do what save you more taxes. Otherwise, FYI, the '22 Sahara 4xe has the leather seats and proximity keyless entry included in the base model. So if ordered them in your '21 model as options, you could have saved money getting '22 (around $1800 +-).

I don't know your specific tax situation, but the amount of depreciation for the first year is prorated based on the number of days you own the car within the year. So if you own it for one month, you can only depreciate one month. And there're not many days left in this year.
Good point on the 2022, I didn't know those options came standard. I'll have to check with my cpa on that, from what I understood, you can choose to depreciate the asset over the use of the vehicle or take a large portion for just one year (section 179 I think)

Other than saving a bit of money on the options, any big things I'm missing by going with the 21 over the 22?

Appreciate your input, first wrangler purchase for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good point on the 2022, I didn't know those options came standard. I'll have to check with my cpa on that, from what I understood, you can choose to depreciate the asset over the use of the vehicle or take a large portion for just one year (section 179 I think)

Other than saving a bit of money on the options, any big things I'm missing by going with the 21 over the 22?

Appreciate your input, first wrangler purchase for me.
Yes, you can use sec 179 to depreciate up to 100% in the first year, as long as you use the car more than 50% for business. There's little difference (aside from color selections, mirror etc) between end of '21 and '22. '22 might sound better when you resell later.

·
Registered
116 Posts

The 21 Sahara has leather seats as standard as well…did you mean the rubicon? The proximity key may be the only delta and I’d be shocked if Jeep didn’t raise the price again for 2022.

1541 - 1560 of 1606 Posts