Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Level 1 Only

Votes: 3 8.6%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2022 Rubicon 4xe 2 weeks (500 miles) ago and looking at getting a level 2 charger and have a couple questions...

1. What level 2 charger is recommended?

I've looked at the Charge Point and the Clipper Creek chargers, both look pretty good but looking for feedback.

2. Also, do most 4xe owners use a level 2 charger at home or just charge overnight?

I'm assuming that a level 2 charger will be harder on the battery pack over time, especially if charging multiple times a day. Is level 2 charging even worth it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I went with the Autel Maxicharger Home. Autel just recently started selling these units, picked one up from Amazon for $447 last week during a sale. It can supply up to 40amps of power, which is more than the maximum of 32amps that the Jeep requires. Has WiFi and an app to let me set a charging schedule, check the amount of power being supplied, cost, even adjust the amount of output from 6-40 amps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, thanks for the quick follow up… never heard of the Grizzl-E charger.

Does the charge unit on the car stop charging when the battery hits 100% with this or any other charger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went with the Autel Maxicharger Home. Autel just recently started selling these units, picked one up from Amazon for $447 last week during a sale. It can supply up to 40amps of power, which is more than the maximum of 32amps that the Jeep requires. Has WiFi and an app to let me set a charging schedule, check the amount of power being supplied, cost, even adjust the amount of output from 6-40 amps.
Cool options, thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Emporia still seems to offer the best value here.

Up to 48 amps
Smart options
UL listed
Currently $499

·
Registered
JLURe 2021 sting gray
31 Posts
I work 1 day per week so for me the basic Lvl 1 charger is enough and I don't see any advantage to install any larger units :p i just need to avoid working and doing the grocerie on the same day would be a different discussion. I could see why you would install a larger unit (lvl2) but you would need to be less +_3 hours at home and need to leave in the next 3-4 hours with a full charge again. other than that...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got my 2022 Rubicon 4xe 2 weeks (500 miles) ago and looking at getting a level 2 charger and have a couple questions...

I've looked at the Charge Point and the Clipper Creek chargers, both look pretty good but looking for feedback.

2. Also, do most 4xe owners use a level 2 charger at home or just charge overnight?

I'm assuming that a level 2 charger will be harder on the battery pack over time, especially if charging multiple times a day. Is level 2 charging even worth it?

Thanks in advance.
If the batteries are guaranteed for 10yr/100,000 miles I wouldn’t worry about it you replace with new at a lower cost

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Wrangler U Rubicon 4xE (on order)
89 Posts

Thanks in advance.
There are no level 2 chargers besides the one at the dealership in town. We have a juciebox in our house and charge daily. When we went to San Antonio we used charge point and the free municipal ones.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts