Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 4 14.3%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is by no means a bashing of the Bronco or the Wrangler...just wondering what features you've seen on the Bronco that you wished you had on the Wrangler. I think they are both strong products that will hopefully only serve to make each other better moving forward. While I see a lot to like with the Bronco, but pretty sure my money would have stayed with the Wrangler had stock even had been available on the Ford.

For me, I really like the side view mirrors being positioned at the base of the A pillar instead of on the doors...no need to add a mirror back when I take the doors off. Other items that are of interest are the removable 2nd row top (4dr, hardtop only), Sync 4 infotainment, more comfortable seats, IFS+Front Stabilizer Disconnect, GOAT Modes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a pretty good poll question. I happen to think the seats in my 4xe are excellent, and I have the one touch top which is great, but I guess if I had to answer I might say a better and bigger Uconnect system.
Agreed...I certainly don't dislike the seats in mine, but every report has been the Bronco's are more comfortable with better lumbar support and option for electric operation. We did a 600mi trip last weekend and some more comfortable seats would have been welcomed, but not necessary.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The hard top design is pretty cool with the ability to remove the 2nd row but the execution is not good. Makes a lot of noise.....

How can you not want a 12" screen??
12 inch screen only if it’s all utilized properly, 12 inch in my ram looked awesome but it’s less functional than the one in my Jeep. Also I use carplay a lot so until that can use a full screen it’s not a big seller for me anymore. A big screen with nothing on i half of it doesn’t make much sense. Hopefully they wise up on that because it for sure looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I voted for frameless doors. I think it looks better when the top is removed and windows rolled down. Hate the B Pillar though.....
@SnB4xe that is a good one!
Good catch…I forgot about the doors and essentially getting the Wrangler Dual Door option as standard. Might need to rethink my vote for the mirrors…

·
Registered
113 Posts
no mirrors are legal in my state… I think I like the screen… but I havnt heard the bronco stereo… I’d be surprised if it’s as good.

Sounds stupid but when I tried to argue that my wife should drive the kids in this car she argued that it didn’t have rear curtain airbags, she watched the YouTube safety dummy slam his head against the rear bar. Bronco fixed this.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It’s really about wheel articulation. You want the wheel on the ground as much as possible. That is why independent suspensions vs solid axle matters. When you disconnect the sway bar the solid axle can articulate to get the light wheel on the ground. That with the locker, which rocks both wheels to spin at the same rate, this is what makes the wrangle so good. It could be better with a center locker in the transfer case like a MB G wagon though. However you are not paying 120k for a truck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed. In the end I think it's all about your intended or typical use for the vehicle. If you're doing more serious off-roading if not rock crawling then the solid axle design of the Wrangler Rubi is probably a better platform. But if the vehicle is primarily a road-going one with less frequent off-road trips, then I can see the IFS design of the Bronco being more suitable for those drivers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bronco is going to be more comfortable inside, however both the Jeep and the Branco on 35s will be pretty close ride wise, bower with a 4XE or a 392 the Jeep is MUCH better. 0-60 I 6-7 seconds vs 11 seconds. That is way way better.

honestly the wranglers biggest draw back is that it has always been way underpowered. That has finally been resolved!

·
Registered
113 Posts
It’s really about wheel articulation. You want the wheel on the ground as much as possible. That is why independent suspensions vs solid axle matters. When you disconnect the sway bar the solid axle can articulate to get the light wheel on the ground. That with the locker, which rocks both wheels to spin at the same rate, this is what makes the wrangle so good. It could be better with a center locker in the transfer case like a MB G wagon though. However you are not paying 120k for a truck.
yea that video really shows how great the stock articulation is on the Jeep, the 4xE Recon edition next year will own that bronco.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think upgrading the Uconnect system and putting in a fully digital dash may be in the Wrangler refresh to compete with the Bronco.

Going full LCD screen seems like it would be more cost effective for Jeep as well (less parts). They put a screen in ours but then covered up most of it. :mad:

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
Both Bronco and Jeep 4xe Rubicon are incredible off road vehicles as stock versions. I’ll take the electric ability and solid axle and 375hp and more torque of the 4xe. Smaller did look more advantageous out there as well. I’ll say this so I don’t sound like a homer… my 2017 F250 6.2L Lariat was the nicest most capable pickup I ever owned. And I’ve owned lots of trucks. So I’m a Ford fan too! Love my Jeep, love it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
This is by no means a bashing of the Bronco or the Wrangler...just wondering what features you've seen on the Bronco that you wished you had on the Wrangler. I think they are both strong products that will hopefully only serve to make each other better moving forward. While I see a lot to like with the Bronco, but pretty sure my money would have stayed with the Wrangler had stock even had been available on the Ford.

For me, I really like the side view mirrors being positioned at the base of the A pillar instead of on the doors...no need to add a mirror back when I take the doors off. Other items that are of interest are the removable 2nd row top (4dr, hardtop only), Sync 4 infotainment, more comfortable seats, IFS+Front Stabilizer Disconnect, GOAT Modes.
I don’t care about Sync, I just want the 12” screen for CarPlay.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts