Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my jeep in and love it so far, I wanted to get some calipers to match the blue accents but was asked what was the paint code, we looked into the name and found all these odd names like "surf blue" sky blue , baby blue , but was trying to see if the exact paint code was posted anywhere

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Wrangler U Rubicon 4xE (on order)
54 Posts
Just got my jeep in and love it so far, I wanted to get some calipers to match the blue accents but was asked what was the paint code, we looked into the name and found all these odd names like "surf blue" sky blue , baby blue , but was trying to see if the exact paint code was posted anywhere
Following

·
Registered
86 Posts
Krylon Satin Lagoon Blue is a good match.

Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle door Audio equipment Rim

·
Registered
135 Posts
If it were me I'd just plastidip em

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I'm so new to the painting world and I'm going to paint these myself , I had some caliper covers made and even though they are red I want to make them that light blue, what should I use to get the red paint off and start this process

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I'm so new to the painting world and I'm going to paint these myself , I had some caliper covers made and even though they are red I want to make them that light blue, what should I use to get the red paint off and start this process
I wouldn't try to remove the red paint. I would use a high quality degreaser and then rough up the paint with 150 or 220 grit sand paper. You want I high temp paint to go on them though as brake calipers will get over 375 degrees during normal operation on the road.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wouldn't try to remove the red paint. I would use a high quality degreaser and then rough up the paint with 150 or 220 grit sand paper. You want I high temp paint to go on them though as brake calipers will get over 375 degrees during normal operation on the road.
Here is what appears to be a decent color match caliper paint kit OMAC USA Florida blue

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i litterally was googling how to remove paint from calipers lol thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.