Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just umpired some travel ball games. The fields are 13.6 miles away. My goal was to make it round trip with no gas usage. And I am pleased to say that...it made it the 27.2 miles, AND I still had 5% battery left! 馃槑

I drove like there was an egg between my foot and the accelerator and on slower speed limit backroads, but mission accomplished!

BTW, I was chatting with a family between innings and somehow it came up that he owns a 4XE Rubicon! He does read this forum, but as a lurker he says.

Registered
That's impressive. The most I have done so far is 25 exactly. I was at 1% battery so I didn't have much battery left but sometimes it stays at 1% and in all electric longer than I would expect. I have a Rubicon with stock tires.

Registered
We've had a couple of trips around town, where it's about 45MPH on average, light-to-moderate traffic, and while we didn't run it out completely, if you calculated miles vs. consumption at the point we got home, it would project out to roughly 31-32 miles (assuming a pretty linear consumption for the last 25% or so of battery - and that was also not running the AC, top on).

Aerodynamics are definitely a big factor as you approach 65-75MPH.

Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I just umpired some travel ball games. The fields are 13.6 miles away. My goal was to make it round trip with no gas usage. And I am pleased to say that...it made it the 27.2 miles, AND I still had 5% battery left! 馃槑

I drove like there was an egg between my foot and the accelerator and on slower speed limit backroads, but mission accomplished!

BTW, I was chatting with a family between innings and somehow it came up that he owns a 4XE Rubicon! He does read this forum, but as a lurker he says.

Hypermiler 馃槃, what is next, are we going to have 4xe鈥檚 drafting trucks on the highway? Putting on low rolling resistance tires, and tiny saucer wheels?

All joking aside, that is the highest mileage I have seen on electric for the 4xe, it looks like you could have gotten to 30+ miles 馃憤.

Registered
I鈥檝e gotten 32 miles on one charge with max regen, top on, no ac. Mostly 45 mph. I hit several spots right and at 4am was able to use max regen coming up to a red light much longer than I would if anyone else was on the road.

Registered
I鈥檝e gotten 32 miles on one charge with max regen, top on, no ac. Mostly 45 mph. I hit several spots right and at 4am was able to use max regen coming up to a red light much longer than I would if anyone else was on the road.
The Sahara鈥檚or maybe even the High Altitude versions of the 4xe probably have the best 0-60鈥檚, and longest electric range.

I think the Rubicon which is heavier, with all the added off-road kit, and that also has heavier and bigger tires and wheels, is slower to get off the line, and requires more energy to get it, and keep it going.

I might be able to get 25 miles range in my Rubicon, but I really have not tried to use a light foot with it, and use other hyper-mile鈥檌ng techniques like drafting 馃殮馃浕

I can enable my front and rear lockers with the Rubicon, and get up a muddy river bank without much issue 馃槃

Registered
I started another threat on this but got shot down for not having pics of my trip odometer. On August 11, I got 34.2 miles on a single charge. Weather was clear, temps of low 70s for the morning commute, around 90 for the afternoon commute. No AC, front two windows were down. All secondary streets, no highway, mostly flat terrain, driving like an old lady.

Registered
I've gotten 34 miles a few times too. I had one trip where the remaining could have pushed me to about 36.

No faster than 45 mph
Keep power around 50% on acceleration
Flat roads
Warm weather
No AC

Violating any of the above knocks off 10 miles easy.

Another fun one is total range if you are driving in the mountains.

Registered
2021 Sahara 4XE
29 miles - Max Regen on. No AC but freedom panels removed which should increase drag if anything. Max speed 45 mph but mostly 35 - 40 mph. No more than 50% on acceleration.

Registered
Selbeast and Michail,

That's awesome mileage!

Were you guys in 2wd or 4h? Max regen?
I usually stay on 2WD but one of the times I had pushed up into the 34-ish range I had been on 4H Auto by mistake. So I don't think it's an efficiency killer. But in theory 2WD should be more efficient.

When I "hyper-mile" I'll usually push to stop the Max-Regen button. That way I don't accidentally blow momentum. I don't think Max-Regen itself does anything other than give you max regenerative braking. You can do the same with the correct braking pressure. So it's a way for me to gauge I'm braking with max efficiency.

Max regen coming down mountains is the best!

Doing this also helps come out of cruise control a little smoother.

Registered
I usually stay on 2WD but one of the times I had pushed up into the 34-ish range I had been on 4H Auto by mistake. So I don't think it's an efficiency killer. But in theory 2WD should be more efficient.

When I "hyper-mile" I'll usually push to stop the Max-Regen button. That way I don't accidentally blow momentum. I don't think Max-Regen itself does anything other than give you max regenerative braking. You can do the same with the correct braking pressure. So it's a way for me to gauge I'm braking with max efficiency.

Great info, thanks! Mine just finished production. Hoping to take delivery and start some mileage testing myself soon.

Registered

If you watch Wrangler4xeFan鈥檚 鈥淎sk the expert鈥 youtube series, the Jeep 4xe engineer on that series says he drives his 4xe in 4H Auto all the time. The Wrangler 392 does not even have the 2wd option.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This weekend, the park was 14.9 miles away. Can I do a round trip?? The answer is...a new benchmark - 30.9 miles! 14.2 there, and then I passed my home to get every drop of electric out, so 14.2 + 16.7 = 30.9 馃弳

1 - 20 of 21 Posts