Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
This can't be true. It would mean each wheel weighs 17 lbs. There is no way, but can someone confirm? The wheels on the non-hybrid Rubicon weigh 21.2 lbs FWIW.

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
234 Posts
Considering the lightest weight rims on tire rack that are 20” and fit the Jeep are 27.5 lbs (out of 300 options), I’d tend to agree that that 17 lbs per rim would be quite the feat of engineering

·
Registered
2021, Jeep, Wrangler, Rubicon, 4xe
13 Posts
I measured the stock 285/70-17 tires & wheels on my 4xe Rubicon at 76.8Lbs on my bathroom scale.

After the 1" Mopar lift, I replaced the stock tires & wheels with some 37" KO2's on Kansei Roku 17x8.5", 0mm offset wheels. That combination weighs 87.4Lbs.

I compared a bunch of wheels and tires before choosing the Roku's. These were light and they weren't made in China. Generally, if you want lightweight, stay with the smaller diameter rims.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ahh that solves it. I was relying on an incorrect tire weight. According to the correct tire weight, the stock wheels should weigh about 26.7 lbs. That makes much more sense. Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Of course the weight of the tire wheel combination might vary just a bit based on the amount of wheel weights that were used. lol
Anybody ever see this much weight on a stock tire and wheel? Huge single weight on one side and 20 plus the valve stem on the other side.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.