Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one on order. It may take a month or two more.

So when do 2022s begin, and what exactly IS a 2022? Is it when the window sticker is assigned?

THANKS

·
Registered
86 Posts
Typical automotive year model changeover occurs during shutdown and retooling the week of July 4. Inventory and demand play into the timing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 2021 model started in December and the prediction (currently) is 12/2021 for the start of 2022 vehicle manufacturing. If it happens before mine is delivered, I’m waiting on the 2022’s and I think FCA is smart enough to realize that for most people

·
Registered
86 Posts
The 2021 model started in December and the prediction (currently) is 12/2021 for the start of 2022 vehicle manufacturing. If it happens before mine is delivered, I’m waiting on the 2022’s and I think FCA is smart enough to realize that for most people
Based on what? I've already heard that no more 2021 4xe Wranglers are available. That was announced a couple of weeks ago which coincides with normal model year changeover.

·
Registered
102 Posts
They announced that in July correct? Is so, it’s taking 8-12 weeks to build at the current pace. So October is when the last of the orders “should” arrive plus any dealer orders as they’re slow. So maybe you’re right and it’s October November timeframe but definitely not before October.
Again, I could very well be wrong and my wait for the 2021 will turn into a wait for the 2022. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just ordered mine and have been issued a vin. I need to take delivery this year for tax reasons. I asked my dealer and he said they had not cutoff orders and are still taking them until FCA tells them otherwise.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That’s been a real head scratcher Hogi. I can’t find the specific article but I do recall FCA advising that no more orders would be accepted…and yet they’re still accepting them months later??? Anyway, I have to image that the new 2022 will be announced before the end of next month so it remains to be seen what changes they make. Personally, I can’t imagine Jeep being foolish enough to make any major changes or upgrades given how strong their current sales are. They can always increase the battery size, add features, etc…when demand starts to slow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That’s been a real head scratcher Hogi. I can’t find the specific article but I do recall FCA advising that no more orders would be accepted…and yet they’re still accepting them months later??? Anyway, I have to image that the new 2022 will be announced before the end of next month so it remains to be seen what changes they make. Personally, I can’t imagine Jeep being foolish enough to make any major changes or upgrades given how strong their current sales are. They can always increase the battery size, add features, etc…when demand starts to slow.
The demand for this vehicle, which I believe is due to both high gas prices, the ev tax credit and the fact it Qualifies for the 179 heavy vehicle/bonus depreciation exemption, has FCA making an exception from the norm. I believe they won't stop taking orders as long as they can deliver this year. I also doubt they are going to make any major changes beyond color choices and maybe options and packages. Wouldn't surprise me if they jacked the price again either. 🙄

·
Registered
102 Posts
Based on recent news, FCA needs to come up with a LOT of money in the next year or so. It’s expensive to pay bribes…and even more expensive when you have to pay a fine for paying bribes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Based on recent news, FCA needs to come up with a LOT of money in the next year or so. It’s expensive to pay bribes…and even more expensive when you have to pay a fine for paying bribes.
I still struggle with the symantics between bribes and PAC money. Seems like the same thing to me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I doubt anything will be good with the 2022 changeover. Since costs are going up, they'll likely add a cheaper Sport S model (I've heard that rumor a few places) and figure they'll make more standard features from 2021 (like Alpine sound system) optional. That happens a lot, manufacturers launch cars with more standard the first year to make a splash (and pad profit margins) then they take them off the second year but not really decrease the price. Hopefully not, but anyone waiting will probably be disappointed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I doubt anything will be good with the 2022 changeover. Since costs are going up, they'll likely add a cheaper Sport S model (I've heard that rumor a few places) and figure they'll make more standard features from 2021 (like Alpine sound system) optional. That happens a lot, manufacturers launch cars with more standard the first year to make a splash (and pad profit margins) then they take them off the second year but not really decrease the price. Hopefully not, but anyone waiting will probably be disappointed.
I was also looking at the Gladiator and I noticed that the options and packages for the 4xe were relatively simple in comparison, with a lot of the optional features included on the 4xe. I think your spot on about whats going to happen there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts