Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 4xe fans,

My Rubicon 4xe didn't came with the auxiliary switches installed on the dashboard. It appears very complicated (not to say impossible) to have that equipment retrofitted in France : dealers do not know that it's possible (at least in North America) and don't have a clue about the parts needed !

I would like to power some accessories (UHF radio, additional USB ports) which doesn't require a big lot of amps.

Where could I tap in a 12v. source on the ignition without compromising the whole multiplexing of the beast and getting into troubles ?

Thank you in advance for your luminous suggestions :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just going off memory, it is a doable DIY. I've seen posts with parts listed an all. The switch is a little bit expensive but not bad.

·
Registered
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just going off memory, it is a doable DIY. I've seen posts with parts listed an all. The switch is a little bit expensive but not bad.
Thank you for the info. I will investigate about such video to check if it's not too hard job to DIY?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I believe I saw something in the manual about two spare power wires under the dash. Does your Jeep have those?

·
Registered
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe I saw something in the manual about two spare power wires under the dash. Does your Jeep have those?
No. These spare powers come with the auxiliary switch kit ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts