Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the Uconnect App when I bought my Jeep and was able to track it all the way too my house. However, then they came out with the Jeep app, I think it’s the same as the Uconnect one with a Jeep skin on it? Any reason to keep both or one and not the other? Assume they are redundant?

also, is it worth keeping either one at all? Anyone still paying for them after the free trial, or just letting it lapse? I already have remote start through the cold weather pack, any other reason to keep the app?

Water Water resources Sky Light Nature

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm not sure about now but I think the Jeep app would only work with the Grand Cherokee L. I haven't tried the Jeep app since I found that out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I downloaded the Uconnect App when I bought my Jeep and was able to track it all the way too my house. However, then they came out with the Jeep app, I think it’s the same as the Uconnect one with a Jeep skin on it? Any reason to keep both or one and not the other? Assume they are redundant?

also, is it worth keeping either one at all? Anyone still paying for them after the free trial, or just letting it lapse? I already have remote start through the cold weather pack, any other reason to keep the app?

View attachment 3709

So how did you leverage this to track it? I assume you used your mopar login to create the account and once the vehicle was live you could see it in the app?

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct. You don’t need the vehicle to log into the app, just the vin. Once you sign the paperwork you can create a login and download the app, and see where your vehicle is.

·
Registered
4xe Rubicon, AP1 S2000
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could this be used to track a built vehicle in transit from the factory to the dealer?
No. You have to sign the paperwork before you can create the account. A dealer won’t sign before they receive the Jeep

·
Registered
156 Posts
I switched from the Uconnect to the "Jeep" one. Slightly better UX. Both pretty rubbish though. Too slow to be useful and the charge status / state of charge is rarely correct for me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good topic. I managed to activate the Uconnect app, but was unsuccessful for Jeep app,, also been told by Jeepcare that Jeep app only for grand Cherokee!? I would love to use the Jeep app, any useful tips on how to activate it on 4xe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts