Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a winch yet. If so, would you be willing to share some pictures. The expected ship date for my Rubicon is 4/26 and I plan to install a winch as the first accessory.

Thanks,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone know what I need to install the Jeep Winch on a 4xe Rubicon with the factory steel bumper?
I assume I need...
JPP Rubicon Warn winch (P5160095AC | $1,595):
JPP winch mounting kit (82215182AC | $450):
JPP grille and winch guard hoop (82215351 | $249):

Any idea how hard it is (I've watched some Youtube videos)??

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could you show the connection at the battery?

Thanks
I installed a Warn VR Evo 10s winch on a Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper no problems. You connect the winch to the standard 12v battery in the engine bay just like you would previous versions of Jeep. I did have to go to the hardware store to buy some serrated flanged nuts for the battery terminal studs because apparently no versions of the 2.0 liter engine (including the 4xe come with them)

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
167 Posts
I installed a Warn VR Evo 10s winch on a Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper no problems. You connect the winch to the standard 12v battery in the engine bay just like you would previous versions of Jeep. I did have to go to the hardware store to buy some serrated flanged nuts for the battery terminal studs because apparently no versions of the 2.0 liter engine (including the 4xe come with them)
I just looked at that yesterday… I’m like, they couldn’t put nuts on the studs??? Jeez. Also, those are ground points next to the battery correct? On the wall next to the battery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah those are ground points next to the battery for smaller accessories, but for something that pulls as much current as the winch I'd go directly to both battery terminals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts