Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Which winch do you recommend for someone who will do moderate off-roading? I am looking at the WARN 103253 VR EVO 10-S Electric 12V DC Winch for my Rubicon 4xe. I have the steel bumper group so don't think I need the winch mount etc.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi everyone,

Which winch do you recommend for someone who will do moderate off-roading? I am looking at the WARN 103253 VR EVO 10-S Electric 12V DC Winch for my Rubicon 4xe. I have the steel bumper group so don't think I need the winch mount etc.

Thanks for your input.
You will need the winch mount plate for sure.

I assume I'll barely use it but I got the Smittybilt x20 12000. Just didn't want to pay the premium for the Warn and I'll never be in a life or death situation where whatever I get for the extra few hundred dollars will matter. Frankly if I'm in that situation, the Jeep brand (lack of) reliability will be a much bigger problem than the winch failing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you are never going to use it and it is for looks get the smitty. If you are get the warn one with the mounting kit. The 4xe is differ t than the standard rubicon. It’s more of a pain to put in. However it works great. It will last forever. Also if you get the warm wench out the factor 55 winch lock in so no one steals it.
Sky Tire Plant Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you are never going to use it and it is for looks get the smitty. If you are get the warn one with the mounting kit. The 4xe is differ t than the standard rubicon. It’s more of a pain to put in. However it works great. It will last forever. Also if you get the warm wench out the factor 55 winch lock in so no one steals it.
View attachment 3186
You think the only winch that works is Warn?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I installed a Smittybilt X2O 12K GEN2 Comp Series 12000lb Wireless Winch. I later added a Factor 55 FlatLink. View attachment 3189 View attachment 3188 View attachment 3187 View attachment 3188 View attachment 3189

View attachment 3187
Great looking mod For the Rubicon. I have literally the same ATP plate and winch sitting in my garage waiting for me to install it on the steel grill. How was the install for the 4xe?

Full disclosure: these items are in my garage next to Dominator D-6 running boards and a few other things. What I’m missing is the actual 4xe.

Also, what bar/light combo is that? I was looking at…damn can’t remember now…but it looked similar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great looking mod For the Rubicon. I have literally the same ATP plate and winch sitting in my garage waiting for me to install it on the steel grill. How was the install for the 4xe?

Full disclosure: these items are in my garage next to Dominator D-6 running boards and a few other things. What I’m missing is the actual 4xe.

Also, what bar/light combo is that? I was looking at…damn can’t remember now…but it looked similar.
Thank you!

The install was fairly easy and took me a couple hours by myself and it was my first time installing a winch. I did watch a lot of youtube videos on how to do it :)

I bought the lights on Amazon:

I bought the Mopar light mount from Quadratec, but you can get them on Amazon as well:

I have the Mopar Steel Bumper and I just bought the bull bar

All these items were very easy to install!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone. Thank you for all the input. U now have to delay the winch install. My 4xe is not even 30days yet. Only have about 1k miles. Yesterday I drove it fine for about 2 miles, parked it in my driveway and this evening it’s not even powering up 😭. My heart just sunk. I’m going to check the battery under the hood but has anyone experienced before?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi everyone. Thank you for all the input. U now have to delay the winch install. My 4xe is not even 30days yet. Only have about 1k miles. Yesterday I drove it fine for about 2 miles, parked it in my driveway and this evening it’s not even powering up 😭. My heart just sunk. I’m going to check the battery under the hood but has anyone experienced before?
Sounds like a bad 12 volt battery.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looking forward to my first breakdown in my 70K vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi everyone, just a quick update. I called Jeep Cares and they sent a tow truck to jump start the 4xe. I let it run for about 10min. Then the MIL light came on. I was running low on gas so I filled up on premium gasoline, made sure the gas cap was on right and the MIL light went away. All the above plus lots of prayers to the JEEP GODS and everything running fine now. I'll still call the dealership Monday to see if they need to check anything out but think I'm good. Thank you everyone for your support and good JEEP vibes! ;)

·
Registered
2021, Jeep, Wrangler, Rubicon, 4xe
13 Posts
I also installed a Badlands Apex 12k, but I used a Warn winch plate. I needed 3/16" spacers under the winch to allow the free spool lever to clear one bolt on the stock, steel bumper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts