Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, there fellow canucks!
Yes I know it's early however with all of the supply chain issues I wanted to get started at looking for the best fit for Winter Tires. I love the stock rims so will be going with the same size however wanted to see what works for others. Open to suggestions including why you recommend a specific tire.
Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Dylan,

Firstly a disclaimer on anything I say due to this being a safety issue - it’s just my experience so take it as is.

I used to drive an F350 which I first ran a set of full winter rated studded Hakkapelita tires stock size. I found them to be terrible!

Then I switched them out for some Nokian’s that were also winter rated, larger in size, but still not ideal.

Lastly I upgraded to BFG KO2’s 315R170 70 and I never looked back. They were great and I did a few seasons on them. When tread ran low I rode them out to the end of summer and replaced them a few months before winter to avoid the rush.

I drove these in the albertan oil field over all kinds of weather in winter from southern Alberta, through the prairies, up to northern BC and even the NW territories. A few times I drove across to North Dakota in the middle of winter.

I was pretty happy with these tires and am right now in the process of upgrading my Rubicon to 37” BFG KO2’s - theRubicon comes stock with 33” BFG KO2’s.

Im not sure if it would work but I should have a full set of Rubicon rims with 33” BFG KO2’s available in 1-2 weeks that may work on your Sahara especially if you can’t find a suitable tire in stock. ( if advertising spare parts is not allowed on this forum let me know and I’ll delete this part of the post)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have ran Bridgestone Blizzak when i was living up north (ND) and drove to everywhere from Yellowstone, Montana, mountains of Colorado to Seattle in deadbeat of winter under heavy snow and blizzard conditions - i swear by them. in fact i have a set in my garage right now that i didnt sell when i moved down south. i will definitely not need them here, but I am keeping them in case i decide to drive up north again in the middle of winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts