Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone followed through w a buy back yet? MD lemon law is not customer friendly. I’m not getting my sales tax or the finance charges that have accrued over the last 6months, all together putting me out 4K. Meanwhile I am driving around a 2017 Jeep Wrangler while the dealership still has my new 4xe and I’m told the wire harnesses won’t be in until the end of January 2022. I have been making my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe payments each month. To say the least I am beyond frustrated. I have a case and a buy back offer, but I’m not ok w all of this. I shouldn’t be out 4k and I should be compensated for the last 6months I’ve not had my brand new jeep yet still continuing to make the payments. Has anyone went the attorney route?

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
🤣 Just calling on @JeepCares to respond on here to see if they could possibly help get you a wire harness quicker. Have you spoken with them? They will respond here shortly if you have not.
I feel for you and would hate to see you make a $4k mistake. I know others on here have had FCA help with payments and such. At least that’s what they’ve posted. Just hang on a bit longer and see if some solutions pop up here.
Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Your lemon law offer should include reimbursements for all fees you have paid including your payments. My lemon case did and the only thing they tried to hit me with was a usage fee. I declined the offer and sent them an email back stating I declined the offer and would only accept the offer pending that was removed. Within 24hrs I had a new offer and accepted. I surrendered the jeep last week and picked up a check. Boom

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just get an attorney. They will take the case pro-bono and you will be out nothing. They will sue and the mfg will pay them.
Your case is a no brainer. You can also sue for damages ($) above and beyond your case.

·
Registered
132 Posts
How do u think above and beyond?
In our state of IL we can sue them under the Mass Magnuson act which is for breach of contract and sue for monetary damages and force them to take the car back.
Consult a lemon law attorney. They will not charge you. Just have all your paperwork and copies of repair orders ready so they can see your time and dates out of service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In our state of IL we can sue them under the Mass Magnuson act which is for breach of contract and sue for monetary damages and force them to take the car back.
Consult a lemon law attorney. They will not charge you. Just have all your paperwork and copies of repair orders ready so they can see your time and dates out of service.
Maryland is so not customer friendly. It’s the state tht wouldn’t give me back my sales tax. And my family attorney has done lemon law cases before but is not pro bono unfortunately…so idk which is worse. To pay the 4k or possibly pay the attorney $$…did they breach my contract? How so? And damages? Im going to google magnuson act! Maybe we have something similar in MD
Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just because your Family atty has done lemon law thats not what he specializes in. I would google Lemon Law attorney near you. They will not charge you for a phone consultation.
Im sure they will go over all the fees etc if there are any. Im my state the attorney recovers his fees from the Mfg. Google seach local attorneys who only do lemon law, this is their area of expertise.

The Maryland Lemon Law Statute contains a fee-shifting provision which means that, if the consumer prevails, the manufacturer must pay all attorney fees and legal costs on top of what you receive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just because your Family atty has done lemon law thats not what he specializes in. I would google Lemon Law attorney near you. They will not charge you for a phone consultation.
Im sure they will go over all the fees etc if there are any. Im my state the attorney recovers his fees from the Mfg. Google seach local attorneys who only do lemon law, this is their area of expertise.
Ok will do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.