Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting tired of plugging in everyday to USB, has anyone upgraded to wireless CarPlay and have suggestions for adapters?
Is there any loss in function with the aftermark adapters?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Following this as I am curious. I investigated it last year sometime, but couldn’t find anything decent aftermarket so just got used to plugging in my phone when I get in the Jeep.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wireless CarPlay is nice, I had it with my aftermarket Alpine in my JK. However, it takes longer to connect than simply plugging in so I actually don't mind having to plug in each time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ideally looking for something that connects automatically similar to Bluetooth. Ready to go as soon as I get in

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ideally looking for something that connects automatically similar to Bluetooth. Ready to go as soon as I get in
So...you want something like I posted previously? It's bluetooth to your phone and requires a one time connection. I have a Chevy Colorado ZR2 with Carplay that I'm going to try it out in until this Jeep gets built. (if it ever gets built)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Using this product. Only had it a week but so far so good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does it allow multiple connections to register or only one phone? I am curious how it handles multiple registered Bluetooth connections when both phones get in the car at the same time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It connects to both our phones. It prioritizes the last phone connected. No issues with the sound. I have to say it was dropping the connection when plugged into the usb inside the console. No issues when plugged into the “media”usb outlet up front.
It takes about 15 seconds to connect to the Uconnect at every start up but it does it automatically. Car play just loads up.
First time set up is super easy. Just plug in and choose it on the Bluetooth setting on the iPhone and that’s it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It connects to both our phones. It prioritizes the last phone connected. No issues with the sound. I have to say it was dropping the connection when plugged into the usb inside the console. No issues when plugged into the “media”usb outlet up front.
It takes about 15 seconds to connect to the Uconnect at every start up but it does it automatically. Car play just loads up.
First time set up is super easy. Just plug in and choose it on the Bluetooth setting on the iPhone and that’s it.
That’s good to hear. In my current Acadia it seems the Uconnect is constantly fighting over which Bluetooth connection to use. We have a four iPhone three driver household and this is one of those minor annoyances I really want to see smoothed out.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
32 Posts
Does it allow multiple connections to register or only one phone? I am curious how it handles multiple registered Bluetooth connections when both phones get in the car at the same time.
You can have multiple connections. But randomly connect to one of your phone on startup. You can change the phone but really pain in the ass. I just have mind on carplay and my girlfriend got is phone on bluetooth!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got this unit as well. Works better than I expected so far. I'm surprised how quickly it connects. I had wireless CarPlay with my JK using Alpine's ILX-107 head unit and it was much slower. Hope it has longevity!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts