Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Jeep JL! I've always been a fan, it wasn't even on my list of vehicles to buy. My wife was considering one and I test drove one. I didn't know they had a 4Xe initially and test drove a Sport. I saw the 4Xe and schedule a test drive, but it was gone by the time I got to the dealer and we test drove a Willy which I really liked the look, but not the ride (AT tires are rough on the highway). I did a little reading about the 4Xe and knew that was the vehicle for me because of the tax break and my driving range.

I got it 1 week ago Monday. I have 326 miles.
  • 186 electric miles
  • 141 Hybrid
  • 29 MPG
  • 206 mile Hybrid remaining
Overall, the gas mileage for me has been great. If I didn't have to drive the 80 miles from the dealer (average 23 MPG at 65), I'd have only about 60 hybrid miles on it. For those that do small trips, this vehicle is perfect. But if you drive over 50 miles daily and don't have a job where you can plug in, I'm not sure you will like the vehicle as much as I do. For me, this is a game changer. The acceleration has surprised me and I enjoy the 6 sec 0-60. I saw a video where some got 5.15 sec 0-60 times with a power start. I don't think I'll try that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm running 35 ko2 and i'm getting around 20-22. But when I'm running 80mph it drains a percentage point every 20-30 seconds.
I'm glad you put this post out here, because I've owned mine since Saturday and I thought losing a percentage point that fast was very suspect. So this is actually normal? I did a 12 hour level 1 charge overnight thinking I wouldn't need to plug it in for at least 2 days, but after commuting back and forth to work on the highway 1 time the battery was below 8% when I got home so I had to plug in.

I'm sure this won't matter as much to me with a level 2 charger, but at the moment I was more concerned my Jeep ( my new baby :) ) might be having severe issues. Can anyone else add confirmation to this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is very good to lose 1% every 20 seconds at 70 mph ! It translates to 3% per minute, roughly 33 minutes, so around 35 miles traveled at high speed ! I think I lose 1% every 10-15 seconds (never got a chrono on it) which would give me 20-25 highway miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased fuel yesterday (first time since I purchased my 4xe) i got a combined mileage of 55.8 MPG. 15.11 gal on 509 miles on batteries 335 miles on fuel. For a total of 844 miles. That is way better than I expected. The Jeep said 31.6 MPG on its computer Readout. Not sure how its calculated, but I’m not going to complain. I use Esave when I am on the freeway and hybrid in the city.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts