Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Posting this for feedback and opinions on this 3 year $1000 offer for ‘Zurich Select Protection’ which includes the following.
Font Parallel Screenshot Document Paper

Tires are $190 on discount tire. For alloy wheel repair, I admit I’ve hit a curb or two in my previous honda, but if that happens in the Jeep it’ll probably be tire rash instead? I don’t plan for off-roading. For paintless dent repair, that could be nice but if there’s a dent, there’s likely to be paint damage, so probably wouldn’t be covered. Windshield repair is cool but also seems like they don’t replace the whole windshield if the crack is not repairable.

I could probably spend less than $1000 over the course of the 3 years with that mentioned, but idk, first time jeep owner and it’s only been a week, no issues so far.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
913 Posts
I wouldn't pay for it. Doesn't seem even close to worth it, to me.

Hello everyone. Posting this for feedback and opinions on this 3 year $1000 offer for ‘Zurich Select Protection’ which includes the following. View attachment 5894
Tires are $190 on discount tire. For alloy wheel repair, I admit I’ve hit a curb or two in my previous honda, but if that happens in the Jeep it’ll probably be tire rash instead? I don’t plan for off-roading. For paintless dent repair, that could be nice but if there’s a dent, there’s likely to be paint damage, so probably wouldn’t be covered. Windshield repair is cool but also seems like they don’t replace the whole windshield if the crack is not repairable.

I could probably spend less than $1000 over the course of the 3 years with that mentioned, but idk, first time jeep owner and it’s only been a week, no issues so far.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just recently attempted a claim on a 2019 GC that we got rid of, and wanted it cleaned up utilizing coverage before selling. What a shame, hidden inside page 8 was a 10 question exam that all 10 conditions had to be met, and even 1 kicked out coverage. Windshield ? at least with myself using State Farm, that's a buck year coverage they actually made standard not even a option for me. Wheels- just the description of coverage alone tells that story, which it does not mention "curb" damage but does mention nail and glass damaging your wheel. That policy I had on the GC, it was a end of lease coverage and they even had a clause in there that if you were buying out the lease you could not use it, another clause was that you could only make a claim 30 days after vehicle was turned into dealer and lease company came back at you for damage, they had it worded where no way was a claim being made.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
913 Posts
While this is absolutely true it is the case with all insurance. Extended warranties frequently are also sold by companies that purposely change names every couple years so they're "out of business" when one tries to file a claim. Yet somehow this fraud is legal.

Extended warranties are generally not worth it. Remember, they wouldn’t offer them if they didn’t make money off of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts