Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

Registered
I opted for LT285/70R17s. Method 701 Trail rims in matte black, with BFG KO2s (C-load rated, not E, which I think would be too stiff and overkill for me).
Also 86ed the plastic running boards (why?鈥 just, why?) and threw on some Rubi take-off rock rails (which were virtually brand new, for $60 on craigslist).
The method wheels have 0mm offset and 4.75鈥 backspacing, so, between the whole wheel sitting farther out by a bit (maybe an inch or so beyond the fender flairs) and the fact that the Sahara 4xe has about 1inch more factory lift than a non 4xe Sahara (beefier coils to support the weight of the battery), I have absolutely no clearance issues and am confident I can even do some moderate wheeling (which I fully intend to do) with this set up without any issues.
Fuel economy seems to be practically unchanged, and I dare say the handling is slightly better than on the stock 20-inch rims (which are really only suitable for asphalt). I鈥檓 running these at about 36psi, which seems to be about right.
Here are some pics:

Quite pleased with the outcome!

Registered
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
I鈥檓 also interested in this question.
Got my 4xe Sahara about a month ago.
20鈥 rims look nice around town, but certainly not appropriate for off-road/overlanding.
I want to go 285/70R17s, but am hoping to put off lifting for now. I am fairly certain I鈥檒l be OK in terms of clearance in the wells, but am still wondering about suspension clearance. If anyone here has wisdom to share about this, I鈥檇 be obliged. Wondering if I could do Rubi take-offs (which is a far more economical option), or whether I鈥檒l need less offset/more backspace to make sure there鈥檚 no rubbing when flexed.
Thanks!

The Rubi take offs fit great. Not much difference at all. These are of course replacements for the KO2s that were original on the Rubicon these came off but they are 285/70 R 17 (just shy of 33") General Grabbers. Much better handling off road that the Sahara wheel and you not longer worry about the scratches (on the wheels anyway;) My Son was loving his first driving lesson in the Jeep!

Registered
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
After much deliberation, I just ordered some 33"s for Luna. Decided on Nitto Terra Grappler G2s.
275/60 R20 going on stock Sahara wheels. Should be great for daily driving plus adventures.
I've never run Nittos, but the old man is a big fan and talked me into it.
Gotta wait until next week for install, but will post pics and performance review soon!

Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
Did you manually have to blackout the white lettering on the tires?
Those particular tires have non-directional treads so they can be installed with either side facing out for aesthetics with the same performance. Generally, one side tends to keep the original black lettering.

Registered
2021 Stingray Rubicon 4xe
Those particular tires have non-directional treads so they can be installed with either side facing out for aesthetics with the same performance. Generally, one side tends to keep the original black lettering.
Does anyone make white walled tires anymore? That would be an interesting look on an all white Jeep like this.

Registered
Ended up going with 275/60/r20 BF Goodrich KO2's no rubbing at all. Can definitely fit more tire but cost and weight goes way up.
View attachment 1140 View attachment 1141
I'm thinking of getting those exact tires when delivery day finally comes... Seem to be the perfect mix of city and light off road driving, and most importantly look fantastic on the stock rims without hurting my wallet. Love your build!

21 - 40 of 78 Posts