Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
285/60/20 BF Goodrich KO2's on the stock rims. No rubbing or issues so far. Spare carrier fine. Love the look! View attachment 5100
View attachment 5101 View attachment 5101
View attachment 5099
285/60/20 BF Goodrich KO2's on the stock rims. No rubbing or issues so far. Spare carrier fine. Love the look! View attachment 5100
View attachment 5101 View attachment 5101
View attachment 5099
I loved the look of the 285's.

I was curious how you are doing with the tires after a quarter year already with them? I noticed that most of the people in this thread used 275, though I liked more the wider look of your tires. Would you share your experience so far with the 285's?

Thanks!

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I loved the look of the 285's.

I was curious how you are doing with the tires after a quarter year already with them? I noticed that most of the people in this thread used 275, though I liked more the wider look of your tires. Would you share your experience so far with the 285's?

Thanks!

Thanks!
I'm thinking about throwing 285/65r20 or 35x11.5r20 on the stock wheels with the AEV 2" spacer lift. After doing some moderate level trailing on the stock suspension I didn't have any tire rubbing issues at all with 275/60r20 but I did have some rocks rubbing the underside. I would be a bit skeptical to do any trailing at this point with the stock suspension and anything bigger than the 275/60r20 at this point. But that's me

at the start of Engineer Pass before it got really dirty haha
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2021 Black Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
6 Posts
Automotive parking light Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle

33x12.50x20

Reactions: dougywarren

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4XE
7 Posts
Anyone out bigger tires on their stock 4xe? Thinking of getting 33" tires in the stock 20s. Post some pics and specs and let me know of it's rub free.
I bought a set of Rubicon 4XE take off, BF Goodrich KO2 288/70/R17 - 33". I did not lift my Jeep....yet :) but no issues. In my opinion they look great, ride great on the street, and will be a huge improvement on the trail.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
163 Posts
275/60 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss SL rated. Noticing extremely minor rubbing while fully articulated. Might add a small spacer. Strange since no one else has experienced issues with 33” yet. Maybe HA rims have a different offset. View attachment 8137 View attachment 8138
Looks good. Same color I ordered. How much of a spacer do you think you will need? I'm going with the same sized tires.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Any full on side shots to see how well the wheel wells are filled?
Automotive parking light Wheel Sky Vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Looks good. Same color I ordered. How much of a spacer do you think you will need? I'm going with the same sized tires.
Honestly after looking at it again this morning, the plastic guard in the wheel well is kind of at an awkward angle, can probably just manipulate it a bit without needing spacers. One side looks good, the other side is bent a bit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
View attachment 8143 View attachment 8144

Honestly after looking at it again this morning, the plastic guard in the wheel well is kind of at an awkward angle, can probably just manipulate it a bit without needing spacers. One side looks good, the other side is bent a bit.
Odd. Like you said, unless there’s a different offset, which I don’t think there is, you shouldn’t have any rubbing off road. I have the exact same tire size on the Sahara 20s, and using Apex sway bar disconnects I had zero rubbing at full articulation off-roading in Colorado

·
Registered
132 Posts
Odd. Like you said, unless there’s a different offset, which I don’t think there is, you shouldn’t have any rubbing off road. I have the exact same tire size on the Sahara 20s, and using Apex sway bar disconnects I had zero rubbing at full articulation off-roading in Colorado
Yeah, it has only happened twice. Both times on road. Once when I went around someone parallel parking, once when backing into a parking spot. Both happened on the same drive same night. Since then I haven’t experienced it. I think these specific tires run big, 275/60 in these are 33.4” whereas KO2s in the same size are 32.9”. Still shouldn’t rub at 33.4, it barely touched the plastic guard, but it was still enough for me to be like, what? Why?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, it has only happened twice. Both times on road. Once when I went around someone parallel parking, once when backing into a parking spot. Both happened on the same drive same night. Since then I haven’t experienced it. I think these specific tires run big, 275/60 in these are 33.4” whereas KO2s in the same size are 32.9”. Still shouldn’t rub at 33.4, it barely touched the plastic guard, but it was still enough for me to be like, what? Why?
the AT3Ws I'm running are 33.1" in diameter, sect width 10.8", and tread width 9.2" vs the Baja Boss AT at 33.4" diameter, sect width 10.8", and 9.3" tread width. We're talking .3" difference in diameter and .1" in tread width, and given the amount of air pressure you have in there, should be about the same. You said your wheel liner was off on one side? Is that where it was rubbing?

·
Registered
132 Posts
the AT3Ws I'm running are 33.1" in diameter, sect width 10.8", and tread width 9.2" vs the Baja Boss AT at 33.4" diameter, sect width 10.8", and 9.3" tread width. We're talking .3" difference in diameter and .1" in tread width, and given the amount of air pressure you have in there, should be about the same. You said your wheel liner was off on one side? Is that where it was rubbing?
Yeah, that’s where it rubbed. It’s loose enough that I can press it back and there’s a lot of room between the plastic and the actual wheel well, probably 3”. I haven’t had time to actually take a closer look. Front driver side was the issue, passenger side is good.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts