Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
If either of you would like us to look into your vehicles to see if there's any way we can help mitigate your concerns, please send us a private message. If you choose to do this, please also forward us a photo of your system's information so we can start looking into it, right away. If you need help finding your system information:
  • Simultaneously press and hold hard buttons:
    • Driver Up Temp - Driver Down Temp - Front Defrost

• For radios without hard buttons-- On your Uconnect touchscreen, simultaneously press and hold the lower left and lower right icons.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
I direct messaged you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2021 Jeep Rubicon Ultimate and have the exact same issue. I do not want wires hanging from my dash in my new jeep I just paid 60k for, on the same note I do not want my system disconnecting and reconnecting all the time when my phone is in it's proper place, the center console. I have tried different cables and different phones, both Android and Apple and it does not fix the issue. It is very intermittent and may go up to a week at at time without issue but when it starts it does it every 10 minutes or so. SUPER FRUSTRATING and I want this fixed!

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
35 Posts
It’s either the harness connection, the distance, or there is a memory bug in relation to communication on the second USB port.

Going to try and find some pictures of the parts and diagrams to help figure this out.

I just want to put my wireless adapter in the center console, so there is no need for me to take my phone and plug it into anything

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
35 Posts
I’m curious if this is software or hardware.
Has anyone not had this problem with the center console ports? If so I am wondering if they have the newer version of the software?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear that! If you'd like us to look into this for you, to see if there's any way we can get this sorted out, please don't hesitate to send us a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Follow up to my issue. My 4xe was in shop Monday and Tuesday for multiple items. One being the usb. They found that the usb was actually not attached on the back/within the console. They reconnected it so now I at least have power going to it however it does not recognize any of my media. I have a usb memory stick with my music and it does not see it. It also does not recognize my iphone plugged in using an apple cord for carplay. The center usb should be able to handle media correct?

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
35 Posts
It should work just like the front usb on the console. Media and phones should connect just fine.
Follow up to my issue. My 4xe was in shop Monday and Tuesday for multiple items. One being the usb. They found that the usb was actually not attached on the back/within the console. They reconnected it so now I at least have power going to it however it does not recognize any of my media. I have a usb memory stick with my music and it does not see it. It also does not recognize my iphone plugged in using an apple cord for carplay. The center usb should be able to handle media correct?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It should work just like the front usb on the console. Media and phones should connect just fine.
Thank you. I also checked out the manual before posting above, I should have mentioned that. Anyways, overall I love my 4xe. These somewhat little issues are frustrating.

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
35 Posts
RRTs? I assume that’s the radio head unit? If so what version are you running? We might need to specify a version to update to. Especially as I am guessing the folks having this issue are like me and not getting any of the OTA updates.

Hi all,

After Multiple RRTs updates, my USB2 works as well as USB1 now.
I wish it is not only mine and fixes all their wranglers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

After Multiple RRTs updates, my USB2 works as well as USB1 now.
I wish it is not only mine and fixes all their wranglers!
In my list of to do when it was in the shop this past Monday and Tuesday, there were 4? some kind of software updates. Unfortunately, my usb2 still does not work. I would figure that I am totally up to date. I need to check to see version I am up to...

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
35 Posts
There are updates to the modules like regen, charging, and things like that. But the radio head unit is different and seems they have to actually request the software from jeep to update it if the OTA updates aren’t occurring and it doesn’t show up on the Uconnect website for updates.

Its a dealer level update, somehow they missed doing mine the other week when I requested them to update all of my software.

In my list of to do when it was in the shop this past Monday and Tuesday, there were 4? some kind of software updates. Unfortunately, my usb2 still does not work. I would figure that I am totally up to date. I need to check to see version I am up to...

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are updates to the modules like regen, charging, and things like that. But the radio head unit is different and seems they have to actually request the software from jeep to update it if the OTA updates aren’t occurring and it doesn’t show up on the Uconnect website for updates.

Its a dealer level update, somehow they missed doing mine the other week when I requested them to update all of my software.
OK. I will follow-up with service and see what they say. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
RRTs? I assume that’s the radio head unit? If so what version are you running? We might need to specify a version to update to. Especially as I am guessing the folks having this issue are like me and not getting any of the OTA updates.
It's not OTA. My 8.4 is updated about 3 months ago by OTA but it did not change anything. The USB2 has not been working, like disconnect randomly. My current 8.4 Radio Software version is 21.18.14.
and then I have no idea why the USB2 is fixed after 5 updates by the dealership.
If the USB2 will not work again, I will post here and apologize since make it confusing for people.

·
Registered
34 Posts
let me check my radio again. I will use the Jeep today. I will connect USB2 with the iPhone app.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Yes, I think so too.
Mine is not fixed maybe. I will check it today again.

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
35 Posts
Mine is running at 21.05.11 with a Rubicon edition.
I don’t know if there is anything beyond the 21.18.14 or not. But curious if you are experiencing that anymore now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,
My apologies.
I used USB2 with the GPS app and then the problem is still there. Carplay is disconnected randomly.
I should have tried few more days before I say "The problem is solved"

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good afternoon,

If anyone would like us to check to see if there are more recent software updates or TSB's released in regard to your specific concerns and vehicles, please send us a private message with your VINs so we can look into it further for you.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

21 - 40 of 48 Posts