Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
So following up with my dealer/service, again he (service manager) reiterated that the USB2 does NOT accept media or initiate CARPLAY. It is for charging only.

I am figuring he is correct dealing with Wranglers (and all Jeeps for that matter) all day. However, seeing people say theirs work and @JeepCares saying it should is getting me quite frustrated over a small issue.

Does anybody have a definitive answer on this?

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
35 Posts
It should definitely work, and the fact that you can connect it and it works 90% seems like it should completely. He might be thinking about the USB port on the other side of the console in the rear passenger area. That is only for charging.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It should definitely work, and the fact that you can connect it and it works 90% seems like it should completely. He might be thinking about the USB port on the other side of the console in the rear passenger area. That is only for charging.
Unfortunately, I am the guy whose USB2 never worked and was disconnected within the console. So for me I am seeing others who have had it working thinking to myself.. "wtf".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unfortunately, I am the guy whose USB2 never worked and was disconnected within the console. So for me I am seeing others who have had it working thinking to myself.. "wtf".
My 2018 JLUR was working great but my 2021 4xe's USB2 is not working. it is like a lottery....

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
35 Posts
Had an update applied, testing it out. So far no luck on it. Seems slightly better. But only tested it on 2 trips.

·
Registered
246 Posts
So following up with my dealer/service, again he (service manager) reiterated that the USB2 does NOT accept media or initiate CARPLAY. It is for charging only.

I am figuring he is correct dealing with Wranglers (and all Jeeps for that matter) all day. However, seeing people say theirs work and @JeepCares saying it should is getting me quite frustrated over a small issue.

Does anybody have a definitive answer on this?
My 2018 JLUR was working great but my 2021 4xe's USB2 is not working. it is like a lottery....
Had an update applied, testing it out. So far no luck on it. Seems slightly better. But only tested it on 2 trips.

Due to a specification from Apple, a modification was made for the JL/JT vehicle lines to allow the center console USB port to use CarPlay, beginning midway through the 2020 model year. This change was made at software application level IR22.5 and is applied to any higher software levels. Some 2020 owners may be able to use Apple CarPlay from the center console port (2), while others may not. However, we'd like to look into this for you so we can set additional eyes on your situation.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Reactions: Stealth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Due to a specification from Apple, a modification was made for the JL/JT vehicle lines to allow the center console USB port to use CarPlay, beginning midway through the 2020 model year. This change was made at software application level IR22.5 and is applied to any higher software levels. Some 2020 owners may be able to use Apple CarPlay from the center console port (2), while others may not. However, we'd like to look into this for you so we can set additional eyes on your situation.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
I have an ongoing conversation on another forum with @JeepCares (Courtney). It is appearing the USB2 issue is more wide spread. I am also thinking, like my issue, it
is not solely Carplay but the usability of media (usb sticks with music) also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am also having the same issue with my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe. It is very frustrating as I love the truck but carplay disconnects constantly regardless of console port, dash usb c/usb A ports. I have bought a brand new usb A and usb C charge from Apple and it has not fixed the problem. Neither has resetting the jeep media system or my iphone. This needs to be addressed by jeep asap.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts